Saturday, May 1, 2010

I Had To Stop Crying

After my dog Ambrose died (See below), I began suffering from uncontrolled periods of crying.  If I thought about him, I would automatically start crying at home or in public.

So, I began to look for puppies on the internet.  It started for me to see little Ambroses.  Then I found a breeder who was fairly close to me and decided to visit and look at the puppies.  I went to check out a male and there was this female.  After 30 minutes, I put down a deposit on both.  A week later, I brought them home to begin their new lives.

Meet Lily and Blue Jay.

Lily - The Female

Blue Jay - The Male

At the time of their images, they were between 3 to 4 months.

Lily is tall and thin; Blue Jay is short and chubby.  They love each other since they are brother and sister.  When I take Lily out to pee and dump, Blue Jay is waiting for her return.  Lily waits for Blue Jay too.  That is why I bought two--so they will always have each other.  (I'm not a pup myself and it will take an effort for me to outlive them.)  When Ambrose came home, he cried all the way home and for a day or two after that.  He was all alone.  Lily and Blue Jay didn't have that problem.  They didn't know where they were going or where they were but they knew they had each other.  Lily cried on the way home for about 5 minutes and that was it.  Since then, they watch each other like hawks.  They almost are always together.

The other role they play is giving me a break from a demented parent.  Yes, I care for a 91-year old Mother who I think intends to outlive me.  I'm in my sixth year with her here now and I hope to keep her out of a nursing home.  I've got to outlive the three of them or my house of cards falls.

Anyway, I am so busy with Lily and Blue Jay that I don't cry as much for Ambrose.  Of course, when I take Lily and Blue Jay to the Vet's, we don't use the room where Ambrose died.  Ambrose is still my dog and I will be with him in Dog Heaven some day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment