Saturday, May 15, 2010

Adverstise With HOSP Images--No Thanks

As I've mentioned in my bio, I was totally unfamiliar with birds 6 years ago.  However, after almost 6 years, I can identify the locals by their voices.  In a few posts below, I mentioned my experience with a house wren (HOWR).  HOWR have one thing going for them, they are native birds.  That alone has saved the lives of many HOWRs.  On the other hand, there is one bird that is not a native and a real threat to our native birds.  It is called house sparrow or HOSP.  Say HOSP and you will immediatley anger many, if not all, serious bluebirders.  HOSP are a gift from the United Kingdom.  Maybe to get even with their former unruly colony.  In my opinion, no site better explains the HOSP than sialis.  Now, that you understand HOSP, I will make my point.

This past week, I received a circular that features images of HOSP.  I received the same one before.  Here, take a look at drsfostersmith.  I don't think I'll buy that.  In fact, I won't buy anything from them.  I just have this thing for our native birds.

Now, if you want to entice me to buy something from you, don't piss me off with your advertising!  

No comments:

Post a Comment