Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Top Of The Bird Chain

Its never easy taking an image of a bald eagle. Generally, they do not circle. Maybe once or twice but never like a vulture. Normally, they fly in a straight line.


Its even more difficult getting an image standing on a snow-covered deck in 20 degree weather without a coat. Add a failing camera in for good measure and its a matter of luck.

Today, I got lucky. I walked out on the deck and noticed a bird with a white tail. I ran into the house, grabbed the camera, and went back on the deck.
 

I managed to click 4 or 5 images off and got 2 that were worth publishing. When the eagle flew straight overhead, I stumbled and ended with a blur. At least, the 2 above were decent enough to publish.

(Originally published on February 7, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment